Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Adventures of Tintin


When I was in kindergarten, my aunt Lynn gave me three comic books for my birthday: The Adventures of Tintin volumes 1, 2, and 3. When I first read them, I was confused. They were comics. Comics were a different world for me. Pictures and patterns and words so mixed up, you would get dizzy reading them. But after a while, I began to understand them. I would become so absorbed in these books, people would have to call my name at least four times to get my attention. I became addicted to comic books. What I'm trying to get across here is that these were my first comics. The start of everything. I liked to read before, but after Tintin I devoured books. Books became my worlds, places where I could fly, walk through scorching deserts, and go to China all without leaving my chair. These books are about a reporter called Tintin, his faithful dog Snowy, and Captain Haddock, a drunkard who usually leads them into trouble. They go on many adventures including a quest to find a statue with a million dollar diamond inside, the moon, a king's scepter, and treasure chest to name a few. Tintin always manages to beat the bad guys and come out on top.
                                     
                               
                               Interested in these books? Click on the link below:
                                              The Adventures of Tintin Vol. 1

6 comments:

  1. What do you think of bone? I really like it. This a nice blog and i like the Olympians too. Rowan aged 10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi rowan! yeah, i love bone! i'll be posting about that series soon. thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing these in my library when I was a kid (that was a while ago), but comics weren't my thing so I never picked one up. I wonder if they'd still make good reading now that I'm an adult. I'll have to add one to my summer reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved TinTin as a kid too (I'm 31 now!) A friend from Switzerland gave me my first one and taught me to pronounce it "tan tan". Fun start, Phoebe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Phoebe. My daughter just finished kindergarten and I was thinking about getting her this first volume. She is working on becoming an independent reader, so I'll do anything to encourage her. Can you think of any other great comics that are easier to read? I'm not quite sure she's ready for Tintin yet.

    ReplyDelete