Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wonder

August Pullman, a kid with a facial deformity, is used to being stared at, called names, made fun of,  and anything else you can think of along that line of thought. But nothing can prepare him for middle school. Bullies and backstabbing are some of the things he faces. Remember, it's hard being a new kid, but being a new kid with a facial deformity? Three times as hard. But, August has his family, his two best friends, Jack and Summer, and the principal to help him through it. This book is life-changing. Trust me, this book makes you wonder if there's anything you can do to make a person's life a little better. Or maybe if there's something you're already doing that makes a person feel good.

You'll like this if you liked: Out of My Mind
Ages: 9 and up
                                     Interested in this book? Click on the link below:
                                                             Wonder

12 comments:

  1. This book is so amazing! And it's true, it is life-changing!
    I also agree about how you said if you liked "Out of my mind" you'd like this book. It's true. And "Out of my mind" is also a really amazing and life-changing book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book after you recommended it on Dinner A Love Story and now tell everyone, kid or adult, to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Wonder, too, and I think it's one of the best books I've read! I also recommend Out of My Mind. It's a story about a girl with cerebral palsy. And I love your blog! -Lucia, age 9

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this book!! I've already read Out of my Mind, and it's so so so good and touching. I am most definitely reading Wonder!!!!
    -Zoe Coyle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited to read this book! I loved Out Of My Mind so much I read it 3 times so I will definitely read Wonder! Thanks for the recommendation! -Lilly, age 10

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. It's Mom's friend, Melissa, in Brooklyn. My son, Roan read this book for his book club. He loved it so much and also remembered you telling me how much you loved it. So I decided I had to read it too. Truly one of the most terrific books I've read in a while. I've recommended it to all my friends, all Roan's friends and anyone else who will listen. Can't wait for RJ Palacio's next book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved this book and I am 39 years old!! Can't wait until my kids get older so I can re-read it with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! This is Lilly again. I read Wonder and I loved it so much I want to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this book!!!!!! Have you read Midsummer's blood?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Even after reading it, what, three years ago? I still enjoy re-reading it.

    ReplyDelete